Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Decameron

Here is a link to the London Review of Books which reviews a recent translation of Boccaccio's Decameron. It is an interesting review, as are most LRB reviews (typically real academics write reviews of books in their field) which mentions the last tale of Decameron as the basis for Chaucer's Clerk's Tale. Interesting 1350's foundation for Chaucer's 1390's tales.

I am a member of the site and I signed in for this link; hopefully it works.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v31/n05/burr01_.html

It's not working so here is my user name and password if you want to log-in to read it in full:
Username: jcclarkeru@yahoo.com
Password: 84SN9ZC5

1 comment:

  1. I like this post for two reasons:
    First, it provides me with useful information.
    Second, it is short.
    Good work.

    ReplyDelete